Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New home for my new friends!

Now for Phase 3!

I went to Aquastar in Yishun and bought 2 cute false perculas. they looked reasonably healthy and when i put them into the tank they were so adorable , started swimming about all over the tank .

day 1 went by reasonably without a problem...the tank was suitable to inhabit life! woohoo

But on day two things started to go awry
Yes I am upset. sad.

I spent the whole of 20th march night deliberating whether to euthanise one of the perculas I bought for my new marine tank...

Then i spotted it, the death sentence sharp white spots.

I called a friend who also had marine tank to come by to take a look at them and he promptly declared that they got the dreaded clownfish disease - which technically had no cure . all information online pointed to a horrible death in a few days time.

Well I couldnt bring myself to do the deed. I couldnt bring myself to put one to death, but this morning when i woke up to check on them, the one with the more serious infliction was already dead at the bottom of the tank. He must have swum into a dark corner of the tank alone in the middle of the night and died .

I was heartbroken. I couldnt bear to fish out his dead little body,

By day four, percula two also developed the same symptoms and died at the bottom of the tank too ... it was all just too depressing


goodbye my adorable little nemos

3 comments:

Stephen Chong said...

What other fishes are you planning to put in ar?

marinetankguppy said...

Blue Tang, Lipstick Tang, Yellow Tang, Royal Gamma, dwarf lionfish, to start with.

Oh by the way nemo 1 died of clownfish disease just this morning after only 2 days in my tank so sadness...

Anonymous said...

the initial reason why your 2 clownfishes died was because the tank's water was not cycled properly yet. also, do not use tap water straight from the tap to make saltwater, you need filtration device. there are a lot of nasty unwanted chemicals in our tap water that is not desired in a marine setup.

the irony is that because you placed the 2 clownfish inside initially, they helped to kick-start the cycling process. usually we use dead prawn that we bought from market.